Tuesday, May 29, 2012

That's what friends are for....

I had to fast forward just a bit to take a break from the saddest part of my journey, to date. I have found so much comfort and sanity in my time with crocheting but it honestly does not stop there. I have come to find that any type of craft is a different type of relief for me. Some days I don't find any relief in crocheting so I try something else. If my hands are busy, so is my mind. I have even found comfort and sanity without doing crafts. Spending time with my husband and kids brings a ton of joy to me, they are my reason for being here. Spending time with my siblings and their families also brings me a ton of joy. I have even found comfort in reading blogs. Now this is where I have to give some credit to my dear friend Kim. Reading her blog, from the beginning, has been very inspiring, with crafts and life in general. You should all go check it out here

In fact, I use her post on a book lamp (found here) to create one myself. I gave it as a wedding gift to my sister and her husband.


I also used her blog post about stained glass (found herel) as inspiration for these two Mother's day presents, one for my mom and one for my mother-in-law.



I have known Kim for as long as I can remember and she has always been a great inspiration to me. Without even knowing that she was doing it, she helped me find out about myself and helped to grow a passion for crafting. I will be eternally grateful for all that she has done for me, even without knowing she was doing anything at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment